Sequim, WA - Official Website - Passport
Click to Home

Go To Search


The City Clerk's Office is an authorized Passport Acceptance Agency. Passport applications and other forms are available during normal business hours (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.), however, we accept applications by appointment only. Please call (360) 681-6611 to schedule an appointment. 

Passport Book or Passport Card? 

You have two options. 

  1. Passport Book.  If you plan to fly out of the United States, you MUST have a passport book to return.  Passport books can be expedited through the Sequim’s Passport Acceptance Agency. 
  2. Passport Card.  If you plan to drive or boat to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or Carribean, you can use a passport card.  Passport Cards also can be expedited through the Sequim’s Passport Acceptance Agency. 

Currently the waiting time for passports and passport cards is 4-6 weeks.  If you need your passport sooner, you MUST pay the expedite fee.  (See fees below.)  Expedited passports can be received within 2-3 weeks.  Contact City Hall if you need your passport immediately or visit the Passport website,

When you arrive for your appointment you will need:

  • the completed application (do not sign)
  • two identical passport photos
  • proof of U.S. citizenship
    • previous U.S. passport
    • certified birth certificate
    • certificate of naturalization
  • proof of identity
    • valid driver's license (if you have a valid license from a state other than Washington, you must present another form of identification, i.e., military ID, passport, credit card)
    • military ID
  • Passport fee(s) (see below)

ALL passport applicants must appear in person (including minors – children** under 15).

Both parents or child's legal guardian must:

  • Present evidence of child's U.S. citizenship
  • Present evidence that they are the parents or guardian
  • Show valid personal government-issued identification (i.e., driver’s license, military card)
  • Sign and take oath before an authorized passport acceptance agent

If the second parent is not available to sign, the appearing parent must present evidence that he/she has:

  • Sole legal custody of the child, or
  • Notarized consent form completed by the other parent authorizing issuance of the passport, or (Form DS-3053)
  • A written statement explaining why the non-applying parent's consent cannot be obtained

If no parent is available to sign, the third-party in loco parentis must appear with a notarized written statement or affidavit from either both parents or custodial parent(s) authorizing the third-party to apply for the passport. When the statement or affidavit is from only one parent, the third party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent.

Do you owe child support?

If you are in arrears of child support payments in excess of $2,500, you are ineligible to receive a U.S. passport.  If this applies to you, Passport Services  strongly recommends that you contact the appropriate State child support enforcement agency to make payment arrangements before applying for a passport. 

Passport Book & Card Fees

Applicants 16 years of age or older - passport will be valid for ten years

  • $110.00 - Passport Book fee – check made payable to “Department of State.”
  • $30.00 – Passport Card fee – check made payable to “Department of State.”
  • $25.00 - Acceptance fee – check made payable to "City of Sequim"

Applicants 15 years of age or under - passport will be valid for five years

  • $80.00 - Passport Book fee – check made payable to “Department of State.”
  • $15.00 - Passport Card fee – check made payable to “Department of State.”
  • $25.00 - Acceptance fee – check made payable to "City of Sequim" 

For other services, visit for details. 

Expediting an Application

The National Passport Service Center (NPSC) guarantees that applicants will receive their passport within 6 weeks from the time the NPSC receives the completed application in the mail from an acceptance agency. Anyone wishing to receive their passport sooner may expedite the application. Applicants who expedite their application are guaranteed to receive their passport within 2-3 weeks from the date the National Passport Service Center receives them in the mail from the passport agency. (To further expedite the application, you may provide us with postage to express mail the application to and from the National Passport Center). The fee for expediting applications is $60.00 and is added to the amount payable to "Department of State". If your departure date is within fourteen days, you may have your passport application processed at the Passport Agency in Seattle. In order to do this, call 1-877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment. Appointments may only be scheduled if you are traveling within 14 days and have proof of travel.

See paragraph 2 above if you need to expedite a passport card. 

Passport Renewals

You may renew your passport by mail, bypassing the Passport Acceptance Agency, if the following statements are true:

  • You can submit your most recent passport.
  • You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued.
  • You were issued your most recent passport less than 15 years ago.
  • You use the same name as on your most recent passport, OR, you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name change.

Use Form DS-82. The fee to renew a passport by mail is $110

Additional information regarding traveling abroad, obtaining birth records and downloading applications can be obtained from the U.S. State Department web page at

**Traveling with Children:

If one parent only or a grandparent is traveling with your child to a foreign country, please see the attached article, Border Crossing with Children.   If you are traveling with a school group, religious group, social or cultural organization, or sports team, read WHTI Requirements for Special Audiences