COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I stay informed about the State of Washington’s coronavirus response?

The full text of Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order and full information about our state’s response to the pandemic is posted at

What stage of recovery are we under and what does this mean?

Clallam County was approved to move to Phase 2 in the Safe Start reopening plan. This means gathering with no more than five people outside your household per week, outdoor recreation with five or fewer people, essential travel and travel for permitted activities is allowed. The safest thing to do will always be to stay home whenever possible. Throughout all stages of recovery, follow safe practices such as practicing social distancing, wearing a face covering to protect others, frequently washing your hands and disinfecting surfaces. View the Safe Start Washington plan.

When are City of Sequim playgrounds and picnic areas reopening? Is the ODT open?

Sequim’s public playgrounds and picnic areas are open.  Please follow the written rules on signage near the equipment. The Olympic Discovery Trail is open.

Which businesses in our community can currently operate?

A range of businesses that could not operate before can now operate with restrictions. Businesses such as restaurants with table sizes no larger than five, retail stores following restrictions, in-home domestic services, pet grooming, hair salons, real estate and professional services offices can operate. Essential businesses operating under Phase 1 will continue.

What kind of restrictions are businesses required to follow?

Most employees will be required to wear a face mask or covering, unless working alone. Other guidance for specific types of business activity are posted on the governor’s website. If you think a business is out of compliance with Safe Start guidance, submit an anonymous report.

Are local police enforcing Washington State’s recovery plan?

The state is the lead agency for business compliance.  If you feel a business is operating outside of the recovery plan rules, you can file a report through this website Police are relying on voluntary compliance and will work to educate and encourage social distancing and following all safety guidelines. Call the police non-emergency number during normal business hours, (360) 683-7227 if you have questions or concerns.

What should I do if I can’t work due to business closures and can’t pay living expenses?

Governments at all levels are working quickly to stabilize the economy and to assist workers and businesses. If you are laid off work as a result of the Governor’s stay home order, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. Washington State’s Employment Security Department has programs designed to help individuals and businesses.

How can I get help with the effects of this disaster?

If you need help getting food, picking up prescriptions, caring for your children, or are experiencing distress or loneliness, call the Clallam County Community Response Help Line at any time of the day or night, 833-492-0834. A live person will answer and direct you to someone who can help.

What should I do if I suspect I have contracted COVID-19?

Currently anyone with a fever and a dry cough or shortness of breath should assume their illness could be COVID-19 and take steps to protect others in the community and household from the disease. If you feel you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, call your healthcare provider to discuss whether you should be tested. If you must go out, wear a mask or cover your face in some way if a mask is unavailable and practice handwashing and social distancing.

Is the City of Sequim operational right now? What is the city doing to help?

While the Sequim Civic Center is currently closed to the public, the city is operating. Many people are working off site and some are performing duties as necessary at the Civic Center. Sequim is working closely with other agencies and service providers to monitor the evolving situation and to provide resources and assistance.

Where can I pay my city water and sewer utility bill?

The Sequim Civic Center is closed, but drop boxes are located by the entrance on the south side of the building or in the parking lot on Sequim Avenue behind Jose’s Famous Salsa. Payment can be made by calling 844-855-0109, please have your account number ready. You can mail in your payment or can pay your bill online.

What if I cannot afford to pay my city utility bill?

During the COVID-19 emergency, the City of Sequim will not be charging late fees or conducting shut-offs for delinquent utility accounts. However, we encourage you to make payment arrangements to avoid shut-off once the declared emergency is over The City is also offering a temporary COVID-19 Utility Relief Program to assist those experiencing financial difficulty during the pandemic.  Visit to learn more about the program and get the application.

What about expired or unused prescription medication drop-off?

We are not accepting any prescription medications at this time because the building is closed. Please retain them and drop them off when the Sequim Civic Center reopens.

How can I receive a concealed pistol license?

We are not processing new applications for concealed pistol licenses because new applications require fingerprints and the Sequim Civic Center is not open. If your address is in the Clallam County jurisdiction, you can go to the Sheriff’s Office in Port Angeles. Renewals can be processed online through the City’s website.