Bike Month 2023
Sequim is a world-class area for bicycling and Sequim Bike Alliance hopes everyone will celebrate that!
If "just like riding a bike" instills fear in you, this video from the League of American Bicyclists has some great tips for getting back in the saddle!
For older residents, this article will be encouraging!
bike month activities for 2023
Warm up for summer riding with National Bike Month activities organized by the Sequim Bicycle Alliance. Sequim is a world-class area for bicycling of all varieties, and everyone can celebrate that!
- New this year! Sequim Bike Studio is hosting Thursday Evening Gravel Rides starting at 5:30 p.m., offering “a little adventure and a great group of riders to explore with.” All details at the Facebook Event “Thursday Night Gravel Rides” https://www.facebook.com/events/163127766616153/163127779949485?active_tab=about
- New this year! Sequim Bike Works is offering safety checks and full bike inspections for free at its booth each Saturday at the Farmers and Artisans Market and a “Bike Month Tune Up Special” for $35 (first come first served or text or call 360-797-1446)
- Join other local riders or create a team for the online Bike Everywhere Challenge 2023 – a great way to motivate yourself, family, and friends to ride! Points are earned by the number of miles, trips and kudos given, and results are categorized by state, region, workplace type, etc., as well as by individual riders.
- Play Bike Month Bingo and challenge your friends! Download and print the Bingo card shown below
- Saturday, May 13, noon: Cheer on Spoke Folks, Women on Wheels, and the Sequim Wheelers as they ride by in the Irrigation Festival Grand Parade
- Monday, May 15, 4:00 p.m.: The City’s Parks, Arbor, and Recreation Board’s monthly meeting will be at Civic Center and online. Share your input on bicycling in the City. More info, meeting link and agenda at https://www.sequimwa.gov/219/Parks-Arbor-and-Recreation-Board
- Friday, May 19 until 10 a.m.: National “Bike to Work Day” – people arriving by bicycle get a free cup of drip coffee at Rainshadow Café, 157 W. Cedar St.
- New this year! Friday, May 19, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: "Bike Everywhere Day" Celebration Station at east side Dungeness River Nature Center (Railroad Bridge Park) hosted by Olympic Peninsula Bicycle Alliance (OPBA) and Sequim Wheelers - also affiliated with Cascade Bicycle Club
- This year only! May 26-29: Northwest Tandem Rally 2023 - Great public event that supports the Olympic Discover Trail! Volunteers needed - Go to this link: NWTR Volunteer
- Post photos on Facebook @SequimCycling or Strava @TakeASpinInSequim. Be sure to use #BikeSunnySequim, #BikeThere and #SequimCycling. Local Strava clubs include @SequimBikeWorks, @TakeASpinInSequim, @Ben'sBikesSequim, @PortAngelesLikesBikes
- Regular Group Rides happen almost every day of the year! See the Sequim Bike Alliance page for details.
- Work parties on the Olympic Discovery Trail will be scheduled this summer - check their link for how to sign up!
National Bike Month events are coordinated by members of the Sequim Bicycle Alliance with special support and contributions in 2023 from City of Sequim, Sequim Bike Studio, Sequim Bike Works, and Rainshadow Café. #sequimcycling #bikesunnysequim