The program will begin on January 13, 2021 and consist of 10 weekly, one and a half hour-sessions on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
The class will be offered virtually each week due to the Covid 19 pandemic. Class size will be limited to 15 participants.
Sequim 101 is open to City of Sequim and Clallam County residents. Participants must be over 18 years of age. Due to the online nature of the program, participants must have a device to access Microsoft Teams (no software/subscription needed) with a microphone and camera (preferred) as well as reliable internet connection. There is no cost to participate but participants must be able to attend all 10 sessions as scheduled.
Each session will focus on a different area of local government. The sessions will be facilitated by City staff and include diverse content, engaging discussion, and opportunities for follow-up as needed.
- Week 1, Jan 13 – Introduction and Government Structure Overview
- Week 2, Jan 20 – Police Department
- Week 3, Jan 27 – Finance, IT and Human Resources
- Week 4, Feb 3 – Department of Community Development, and the Planning Commission
- Week 5, Feb 10 – Communications and Marketing, and the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- Week 6, Feb 17 – City Attorney’s Office, City Manager’s Office, and the Clerk’s Office
- Week 7, Feb 24 – Public Works Department
- Week 8, Mar 3 – Water Reclamation Virtual Tour
- Week 9, Mar 10 – City Arts Advisory Commission, and Parks, Arbor and Recreation Board
- Week 10, Mar 17 – Graduation