Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The City of Sequim has completed the installation of an emergency back-up generator at the Infiltration Gallery, also known as the Ranney Well, located near the Dungeness River south of the City limits. The City’s water system is comprised of a series of wells, booster stations, and reservoirs designed to provide the City with a reliable water supply at adequate pressures for everyday use.
The Infiltration Gallery operates with power from Clallam County PUD but had no emergency back-up power source. The electrical service needed to be upgraded in capacity and provided an emergency back-up power source to ensure reliable service and to operate within the limits of Washington State Department of Health Standards. The Infiltration Gallery is the last major water system facility in the City to be supplied with emergency back-up power.
The project work consisted of furnishing all labor, materials, and equipment necessary for the installation of a City-provided 40.7 kW generator and a new main panelboard and automatic transfer switches. Work also included:
• Wiring of the power and emergency power system consisting of a new 200 Ampere service, a 41.5 KW Generac Generator and Eaton Automatic Transfer Switch.
• Installation of a precast concrete vault to support the generator
• Installation of a propane tank on an earthquake and flood resistant concrete pad, and associated piping to fuel the generator
• Installation of stairs and guard rails at the concrete vault
• Installation of a new yard light to aid in system maintenance during the night and winter
• Testing of the emergency power supply system
• Restoration of the site
The project work was conducted by Nordland Construction. Work began on March 4, 2020 and although it suffered from supply and scheduling challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, was completed on September 25, 2020. Total cost of the project, including engineering and City overhead was $244,360. The project was funded out of reserve funds from water rate revenue.
Please contact the City of Sequim Public Works Department at (360) 683-4908 with questions.