Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Join us for the Sequim Sunshine Festival March 4 & 5, 2022. The festival celebrates one of Sequim’s best-know assets – Sunshine. Due to a rain shadow from the Olympic Mountains, Sequim averages just 16 inches of rain each year, making it one of the driest places in Western Washington. The festival is an opportunity to shake off the winter blues and celebrate the coming of the spring and summer seasons with activities that will get people outside and moving, explore their creative side, and inspire with light and positive energy. Festival favorites include the Sun Fun Color Run and the Illuminated Drone Show.
February 15 – March 5:
• Restaurant Romp – Pick up a game card at any participating dining and beverage establishment. Get your card stamped by visiting and making a purchase from at least five restaurants and turn your card in by March 8 at the Visitor Information Center for a prize drawing.
Friday, March 4:
• Ribbon Cutting and Heritage Presentation by the Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe 5:00 p.m. at the Civic Center Plaza, 152 W. Cedar Street.
• First Friday Art Walk 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.– Galleries and shops throughout the City host art exhibits by local artists.
• Music Jam 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Civic Center Plaza with the City Arts Advisory Commission.
Friday, March 4 and Saturday, March 5:
• Interactive Light Experience March 4 5:00 to 8:00 p.m., Saturday March 5 12:00 noon to 6:30 p.m. at Pioneer Memorial Park, 387 E. Washington Street. This custom-built interactive environment blends art and science and encourages visitors to look at light as an artistic design element and the physical properties of light.
• The Great Sun Hunt 2022 March 4 12:00 noon through Saturday, March 5 6:00 p.m.– Download the Goose Chase app and play the non-competitive scavenger hunt that will take you throughout the City to explore some of Sequim’s sunniest locations. Paper copies of the game available at the Visitor Information Center, 1192 E. Washington Street.
Saturday, March 5
• Sunshine Market 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Guy Cole Event Center at Carrie Blake Park, 202 N. Blake Avenue. Visit vendor booths and enjoy great food, beverages and live music throughout the day.
• Community Street Mural Project 10:00 a.m. to Dusk at Carrie Blake Park. Paint, brushes, and stencils are available to help create a street mural that will last throughout the year.
• Sun Fun Color Run 11:00 a.m. Albert Haller Playfields at Carrie Blake Park. 1K and 5K options available.
• Let Your Little Light Shine Luminary Workshop 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Gazebo at Carrie Blake Park. Make your own lantern to help light up the night at the festival.
• Illuminated Drone Show by Firefly Drone Company 7:00 p.m. at Carrie Blake Park. This 100-drone exhibition has been created specifically for the Sequim Sunshine Festival. Sponsored by Sound Community Bank.
For complete festival details, please visit sequimsunshinefestival.com.