Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The City of Sequim has received complaints regarding placement of political campaign signs. In Sequim city limits, no parcel can have more than 32 square feet of campaign signage, and signage may not obstruct sidewalks, streets, or the view triangle at intersections.
Political campaign signs can be placed:
• On City rights of way, within the planter strip between the curb and sidewalk.
• In the planter strip, landscaped area, or parking strip of a property where the adjacent property owner controls and maintains the area with the permission of the owner.
Political campaign signs cannot be placed:
• On private property without the owner’s permission.
• On property owned or controlled by the City of Sequim (unless within the planter strip between the curb and sidewalk).
• Within street medians or roundabouts.
Signs must be removed within 14 days following the election. Signs that do not meet requirements will be removed and held for pickup at the Public Works Shop, 169 W Hemlock Street.
Sequim Municipal Code is available at codepublishing.com/WA/Sequim/.
Please contact the Department of Community Development at (360) 683-4908 with questions.