Can I get a different court date?
If you are a DEFENDANT in a Sequim criminal case, contact your attorney to discuss a "continuance" or "set-over" of a court date. If you are representing yourself "pro se", you may request a different court date in writing to the court, with a copy to us, setting forth your name, the case number, the current court date, and the reason you need a different date. The judge will decide whether to grant your request and may require that you appear in court or by phone to discuss a continuance. If the judge doesn't grant the request and you don't show up for the current court date, a bench warrant will likely be issued for your arrest.

If you are a WITNESS in a Sequim criminal case and unavailable for a court date, please contact us right away by phone. We may ask that you provide us with a written statement to support our request for a new date, or we may determine that your testimony is no longer required and will excuse you from complying with the subpoena.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request copies of public records or police reports?
2. How do I contact District Court?
3. How do I contact the Clallam County Prosecutor?
4. How do I contact Clallam County's crime victim/witness coordinator?
5. Where can I obtain legal help in non-criminal matters if I can't afford an attorney?
6. Who accepts service of lawsuits and other official documents on behalf of the City of Sequim?
7. What are the City's requirements with regard to garbage pickup service?
8. What can be done about my neighbor's junk vehicles or weedy yard or barking dogs?
9. Why can't the City Attorney or other Legal Department staff or the contract Prosecutor talk to me or give me legal advice?
10. Can I get a different court date?
11. What do I do with this subpoena I received?
12. Can I "drop the charges" when I'm the victim of an assault case?
13. How do I serve legal documents on the City, the City Attorney or the contract Prosecutor?
14. What happens if the City of Sequim charges me with a crime and I can't afford an attorney?