Can I decorate the Guy Cole Center for my event?

Before renting facility, renter will provide the City with written list of types of decorations, amplification equipment, and special effects equipment that may be used during the event. The City reserves the right to prohibit use of certain decorations or equipment, or to adjust deposits to reflect enhanced cleanup costs. Sound systems must be used in compliance with noise-related laws and regulations. 

The City does not allow under any circumstances or at any facility the following decorations or equipment:

• Confetti, birdseed, or glitter

• Rice (other than consumed as food)

• Inflatable structures

• Fireworks

• Stickers (other than name tags), glue, or tape (except painter’s)

• Bubble and fog machines


Show All Answers

1. How much do Facility Rentals cost?
2. When do I have to pay?
3. What type of licenses and permits are required?
4. Do I need insurance?
5. When do I have to provide proof of insurance?
6. When and where is alcohol permitted?
7. What permits and insurance are required if I will be serving alcohol?
8. Does the City provide dishes, serving utensils, silverware, etc.?
9. Can I decorate the Guy Cole Center for my event?
10. Can I arrive early the day before to set up?
11. Our event is going late into the night. Can we come back the next day to clean?
12. When am I required to both rent a facility AND obtain a Special Event Permit?
13. Are the Civic Center City Council Chambers or Burkett Room available for rent?